'Propylou of Luxor with Obelisk. ' c 1849.
© NMeM / Royal Photographic Society / Science & Society Picture Library
Albumen print of ' Propylou of Luxor with Obelisk. Originally there were two oblisques one of which - the one standing was given by the Egyptian Government to France - the other to England. Years afterwards the one given to England was fetched away by the late Sir Erasmus Weston, and after a marvellous voyage by sea was erected on the Thames Embankment where it now stands.' Dimensions 16.3 x 20.8cm.