Autochrome of Eva Paneth at lake Garda, Italy seated in top of stone passage. Austrian Dr Friedrich 'Fritz' Paneth was a chemist by training but his career in Germany was abruptly ended by the accession of the Nazis and he left in 1933. Paneth moved to England and worked at Imperial College and Durham University in the chemistry faculties until 1953 when he returned to Germany. He practised photography all his life.
© NMeM / Royal Photographic Society / Science & Society Picture Library