Driver and fireman aboard a MS&LR 0-6-0 locomotive number 375. The MS&LR was founded in 1847, an amalgamation of three companies and the Grimsby docks company. The MS&LR transported freight between the industrial centres of Manchester and Sheffield and the Lincolnshire ports. It was later renamed the Great Central Railway.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved