Diesel powered passenger train number 156480 at Garsdale Station, North Yorkshire, by Chris Hogg, 1994. This station is on the Settle to Carlisle Railway. It was the only station on the line with a signal box, as the station was on the junction for the Wensleydale line to Hawes. The station, originally called Hawes Junction, was opened in 1876. It was renamed Garsdale in 1932. The waiting room has been used as a church and a library in the past!
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved