The hallway inside Woking Railway orphanage, Surrey, by Chris Hogg, 1988. The hall has a plaque dedicated to Canon Allen Edwards, who founded the orphanage in 1885. Edwards, whose parish was in Lambeth in South London, was affectionately known as the 'Railwaymen's Parson'. The orphanage cared for the orphaned children of London & South Western Railway workers. This building opened in 1909. This photograph was taken shortly before it closed in 1988.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved