Inside St Pancras, 7 January 1988. The station was built in the 1860s as a terminus for the Midland Railway's line to London. It was designed by the company's consulting engineer, William Barlow. He built a single span arched roof from iron and glass, the largest in Britain, and at this time the largest in the world. It opened on 1 October 1868.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved