Freight train on the Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway, by Selwyn Pearce-Higgins. This narrow gauge railway line was opened in 1903. It was part of the Great Western Railway and was used to carry passengers and freight, mainly agriculture. The line closed in 1956, but was reopened by a preservation society 7 years later.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved