'Wright Brothers bicycle shop', shown after moving to Ford Museum, 1937.
© National Aeronautics & Space Administration / Science & Society
'After a brief stint in the printing business, Orville and Wilbur Wright decided to open a bicycle shop together. After initially only selling and repairing bicycles in Dayton, Ohio, the Wright brothers began to make modifications on bicycles and to build their own models. They also took custom orders from their patrons. Still used today, their revolutionary oil-retaining wheel hub and coaster brakes made early bicycling easier and more comfortable. This photograph shows the Wright Cycle shop as it looked in 1937 after being moved to the Henry Ford Museum at Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan. Behind the original shop, located at 1126 W Third Street in Dayton, the Wrights assembled a frame addition where they built their first airplane.'