This station was on the North London Railway. It opened in 1865 and was the NLR's terminus. By 1900 this station dealt with an average of 85,000 passengers every day, more than Euston and Paddington combined. This was due to its location, in the City of London, where many thousands of people worked.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved