An A4 class 4-6-2 locomotive number 60028 "Walter K Whigham" with the "Elizabethan" train on its inaugural run, 29 June 1953. The "Elizabethan" train was a non stop summertime service from London to Edinburgh. It had been running since 1949, as the "Capitals Limited". However the name was changed on Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne in 1953.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved