Liverpool Street station opened in 1875, on the Great Eastern Railway. By the start of the 20th century it was the busiest terminus in London and was dealing with over 1200 trains every day. During the 1940s lines into the station were electrified, to provide a more efficient and faster service. The station is widely used by people commuting from East Anglia into London.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved