Lithograph by A Maugendre of the courtyard and workshops, with sheets of zinc laid out on barrels. Some sheets of zinc have been used to patch the delapidated building on the left. The works were owned by the Societe Anonyme de Mines et Fonderies de Zinc de la Vieille Montagne (Vieille Montagne zinc mine and foundry company). Illustration from Maugendre's 'Album des usines et etablisements de la societe', (Album of factories and premises of the company), published in Paris in 1855.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library