Offices of the zinc works at Angleur, Belgium, 1855.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Lithograph by A Maugendre of the office building seen from the garden. A group of musicians with banners is assembled at the bottom of the steps, perhaps for a special occasion. The zinc mine was owned by the Societe Anonyme de Mines et Fonderies de Zinc de la Vieille Montagne (Vieille Montagne zinc mine and foundry company). Illustration from Maugendre's 'Album des usines et etablissements de la societe', (Album of factories and premises of the company), published in Paris in 1855.