A photographic view of the Drawing Room in the historic house of Plas Mawr in Conwy, North Wales, published by Francis Bedford & Co. Plas Mawr, meaning the 'Great Hall', was built between 1576 and 1585 for the influential Welsh merchant, Robert Wynn. Bedford (1816-1894) was a prolific and well-respected photographer, best known for his numerous topographic and architectural views of Britain. During the 1860s and 1870s Bedford travelled extensively throughout Britain, taking hundreds of views of British scenery. He was assisted by his son, William (1846-1893) whose work is almost indistinguishable from that of his father.
© National Museum of Science & Media / Science & Society Picture Library