A photograph of the battleship, HMS Rodney, taken by Edward Malindine for the Daily Herald newspaper on 18 May, 1939. Rodney was one of the most powerful Royal Navy ships. Built by Cammell-Laird at Birkenhead, it launched in 1925 and had a crew of 1,640. Rodney carried nine 16-inch guns in three forward-facing turrets. This photograph has been selected from the Daily Herald Archive, a collection of over three million photographs. The archive holds work of international, national and local importance by both staff and agency photographers.
© NMeM / Daily Herald Archive / Science & Society Picture Library