A photograph of a casement for the Kincardine swing bridge acros the Forth of Firth, taken by Smith for the Daily Herald newspaper on 18 April, 1935. The Kincardine Bridge opened in 1936, the furthest road crosing down-stream on the Forth at the time, linking Fife to Falkirk. A swing bridge, its central section pivoted to allow shipping to pas through. This photograph has been selected from the Daily Herald Archive, a collection of over three million photographs. The archive holds work of international, national and local importance by both staff and agency photographers.
© NMeM / Daily Herald Archive / Science & Society Picture Library