Camden station, about 1928
© Science & Society
Outside Camden station, London, about 1928. Camden station served the North London Railway which opened in 1846 and provided an important link between North London and the docks and goods depots. The North London Railway became part of the London, Midland & Scottish Railway in 1923 and it began to provide connections to the North West and to Scotland, as well as to Ireland and the Isle of Man. Posters advertising these destinations are mounted on the station walls and the railway bridge.