A photograph of a worker at the Triumph Works in Coventry, England, taken by Leslie Cardew for the Daily Herald newspaper in 1933. A man uses a power tool to fit an engine into a car on the Triumph asembly line. The first Triumph motor car, the model 10/20, was manufactured by the Triumph Cycle Company in Coventry in 1923. The last, the saloon car Triumph Acclaim, rolled off the British Leyland asembly line in 1984. This photograph has been selected from the Daily Herald Archive, a collection of over three million photographs. The archive holds work of international, national and local importance by both staff and agency photographers.
© Daily Herald Archive / National Science & Media Museum / Science & Society Picture Library