A photograph of workers on the car asembly line of the Triumph Works in Coventry, West Midlands, taken by Leslie Cardew for the Daily Herald newspaper on 23 September, 1933. Two workers fit the engine to a car chasis. The first Triumph motor car, the model 10/20, was manufactured by the Triumph Cycle Company in Coventry in 1923. The last, the saloon car Triumph Acclaim, rolled off the British Leyland asembly line in 1984. This photograph has been selected from the Daily Herald Archive, a collection of over three million photographs. The archive holds work of international, national and local importance by both staff and agency photographers.
© NMeM / Daily Herald Archive / Science & Society Picture Library