A photograph of a mobile film unit showing a newsreel film in St Mary's Church, Charminster, Dorset, taken by Calcraft for the Daily Herald newspaper on 30 December, 1941. Ministry of Information mobile film units showed films in towns and cinemas that did not have cinemas. Newsreels and propaganda films were intended to bolster civilian morale during the early years of the war. This photograph has been selected from the Daily Herald Archive/National Media Museum/SSPL, a collection of over three million photographs. The archive holds work of international, national and local importance by both staff and agency photographers.
© Science & Society