'Crewe Station', c 1840s.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Lithograph by A F Tait. Crewe station, on the London & North Western Railway (L & N W Railway), opened in 1837 with the Grand Junction Railway, but it was a wayside halt until Crewe Railway Works opened in 1845. Published by the printers Bradshaw and Blacklock (London and Manchester).