Huddersfield Station, West Yorkshire, mid 19th century.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Coloured engraving showing the exterior of Huddersfield Railway Station. The station was designed by J P Pritchett Senior and Junior, opened in 1847 and completed in 1850. Since the demolition of Euston Arch in London, Huddersfield has been considered the finest example of a clasical portico in railway architecture in this country.