Coloured lithograph by Newman & Co after a drawing by John lister Junior. The Conwy Tubular Bridge (formerly known as Conway), which was built in 1849, was designed by Robert Stephenson (1803-1859) as part of the Chester to Holyhead Railway. The main span of the bridge is 125 metres. On the left of the image is Conwy Castle.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library