'Mathematical cupboard for physics', Augsburg, Germany, 1750-1800.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Print showing a room with Baroque furnishings containing a large selection of scientific instruments and mechanical demonstrations stored in open cabinets. Titled 'Armarium physico-Mathematicum', the engraving is by Jos and Joan Klauber after a drawing by Georg Dieffenbrunner. Then known as Natural Philosophy, this selection of apparatus was used to demonstrate physics and its asociated disciplines. This print may posible show the cabinet of philosophical apparatus owned by Frederick II (The Great).