Factories at Floviral on the Dyle, Belgium, 1830-1860.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Lithograph by Canelle after his own drawing showing the east side of the factory of Mesrs F Oldehove & Co. The factory was used for the manufacture of textiles including flax steeping, tow spinning, cloth and yarn bleaching. The factory also had a flour mill. A steam engine is shown in the foreground carrying freight with the factory set against a rural landscape in the background.