'The New Wilford Bridge', Nottingham, 1870.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Lithograph by Brown & Whiting. The Wilford Bridge, built acros the River Trent at the site of the old Wilford Ferry in Nottingham, was opened by Lady Clifton on 16 June 1870. The main illustration of the bridge is surrounded by vignettes depicting (clockwise from top left): Clifton Hall; Clifton Church; Old Wilford Ferry; Clifton Colliery.