Design for Blackfriars Bridge, 1760.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Print titled 'A View of Mr Mylne's elegant Design of a NEW BRIDGE to be built from Black Fryers to the opposite Shore, approved by the Committee in Common Council, 1760'. Work on the bridge, built to Robert Mylne's design, began in 1760 and the bridge opened in 1769. It was replaced by the modern Blackfriars Bridge in 1869.