Victoria Station Terminus, Pimlico, London, 1861.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Plate from the 'Illustrated London News'. Victoria Station originally comprised two separate buildings, one completed for the London, Brighton & South Coast Railway in 1860 and rebuilt between 1906 and 1909, the other for the London, Chatham & Dover Railway in 1862. The two stations were combined to form a single terminus for the new Southern Railway in 1924.