Analogue computing machine in the Fuel Systems Building. This is an early version of the modern computer. The device is located in the Engine Research Building at the Lewis Flight Propulsion Laboratory, now John H Glenn Research Center, Cleveland, Ohio. The National Advisory Committee for aeronautics (NACA) was established in 1915, and became the National aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) on 1 October 1958.
© National Aeronautics & Space Administration / Science & Society