Photograph of the roof and platforms of St Pancras station, seen as construction neared completion in 1868. The station was built as a terminus for the Midland Railway's line to London. It was designed by the company's consulting engineer, William Barlow, with the asistance of R M Ordish, and opened on 1 October 1868. The photograph was taken from nearly 100 feet up in the roof of the station. It features in the second of two albums recording the building of the railway titled, 'Photographs of the Works in Progres of the Midland Extension to London'.
© National Railway Museum / Science & Society Picture Library -- All rights reserved