Woman holding doll sailors on-board the 'Queen Mary', 28 May 1936.
© NMeM / Daily Herald Archive / Science & Society Picture Library
Photograph by Edward G Malindine, showing Edith Beggs, who was in charge of the shopping counter aboard the Queen Mary, holding Queen Mary mascot dolls. Built at Clydebank for Cunard White Star Ltd, the Queen Mary had accommodation on a luxurious scale for 776 first-clas, 784 tourist and 579 third-clas pasengers, with 1101 officers and crew. She won the Blue Riband of the Atlantic in 1936 and 1938, and served as a troopship in WWII.