Sailing clipper 'Stonehouse', 1866.
3 3 c m
actual image size: 32cm x 25cm

Sailing clipper 'Stonehouse', 1866.

Richardson, Claire

© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library


Rigged model (scale unknown). The 'Stonehouse' was designed by Gilbert Row and built by John Smurthwaite at Pallion, for the Australian trade. She had accommodation for 40 pasengers as well as large cargo-carrying capacity. In 1875 the ship was transferred to French owners and re-named 'Fanny'.



Image Ref.


buy a print

Select size
Select finish
How many prints?

buy a framed print

buy a canvas

buy a framed canvas