Artificial arm, 1914-1916.
© Science Museum / Science & Society Picture Library
Artificial arm made for a left below-the-elbow amputee. The leather socket has a sliding lock which can fix the elbow in a number of positions. The arm terminates in a double blunt hook attachment which could be locked or allowed to rotate freely and was probably designed for agricultural use. Attributed to Anderson & Whitelaw of London. Full view.