Poster produced for the London & North Eastern Railway (LNER), isued for display in Belgium, showing King's Manor in York, with the Minster in the background. Originally the Abbot's House of St Mary's Abbey, King's Manor later became a seat of government for the Tudors and Stuarts, becoming the official residence of the President of the Council of the North in 1561. King's Manor went on to become a school for the blind in the 1830s, and by the 1960s was part of York University. Artwork by Fred Taylor (1975-1963).
© NRM / Pictorial Collection / Science & Society Picture Library